28 August 2019
XLOOKUP, a replacement for
The main benefits of
- Can find the last match!
- Can look to the left!
- Defaults to an exact match (unlike
VLOOKUPwhich defaults to
Truefor the 4th argument).
- Defaults to not support wildcards, but you can explicitly allow wildcards if you want them.
- Has all the speed improvements released to
- No longer relies on Column Number, so it won't break if someone inserts a column in the middle of the lookup table.
- Performance improvement because you are only specifying two columns instead of the whole lookup table.
XLOOKUPreturns a range instead of
VLOOKUPreturning a value.