Data forms the backbone of any analysis that you do using Excel. And there are thousands of things that can go wrong with the data – be it the structure, extra spaces, wrong placement, different formats, and so on...
In this blog post, I will show you 10 simple ways to clean data in Excel:
- Getting rid of extra spaces.
- Select and treat all blank cells.
- Converts numbers stored as text into numbers.
- Remove duplicates.
- Highlight errors.
- Change text to lower/upper/proper case.
- Use Text to Columns to parse data in Excel.
- Spell check.
- Deleting all formatting.
- Use Find and Replace to clean data in Excel.